Senior Mechanical Engineer/PFP.
Responsible for the design and layout of mechanical systems under the direction of the Project Manager.
Support organization’s mission and vision to meet company’s objectives by providing exceptional client service.
• Coordination of all mechanical, functional and administrative matters related to project plans, sketches, specifications, estimates, studies and special provisions within a project package.
• Review other teams design projects.
• Utilize professional engineering skills and knowledge to troubleshoot a variety of field issues through research and meeting with key process members, designers and area experts.
• Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed throughout the project.
• Handle projects from inception to completion including continuous interface with clients, the design team, architects and owners.
• Ensure timely delivery of all completed projects; meet project schedules set by the Project Manager.
• Evaluate building energy performance via on site field measurements and energy analysis methods; cooling and heating load calculations, duct sizing, equipment selection, writing specifications and cost estimating.
• Monitor construction progress and C.A. correspondence to ensure accurate and timely responses to R.F.I.’s and related issues.
• Provide technical support to team members and develop relationships with industry partners. Act as technical advisor to junior staff regarding project assignments.
• Participate in standards meetings within the mechanical plumbing and fire protection engineering discipline.
• Collaborate with clients and clients’ PMs to meet their objectives.
• Plan time of self and other mechanical engineers/designers to ensure project is completed on time, on budget and is technically correct.
• Act as technical advisor to junior staff regarding project assignments.
• Perform design work using AutoCAD and Revit.
• Mechanical Engineer with 3-15 years of experience working with Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
• BSME or equivalent degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven design experience in the areas of building operation, energy use Plumbing and Fire Protection, and building automation systems.
• Must be able to use AutoCAD and Revit, for drafting and design to complete a project.
• In depth knowledge of Mechanical Engineering/PFP codes, NFPA and applicable building codes and as well as ASPE standards. Knowledge of LEED, accreditation preferred.
• Must be able to travel and visit work sites as necessary to the job at the time convenient for the clients, contractors and building managers.
• Maintain knowledge and skills in the particular area of expertise by attending conferences, reviewing scientific journals and participating in specific industry standards organizations such as NFPA, ASHRAE, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster client relations.
• Critical thinking and mechanical aptitude, with proactive thinking processes.
• Strong multi-tasking skills are essential. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage a team of engineers and support staff engaged in the design and production of accurate construction documents. Ability to effectively coach, train, mentor and motivate staff.
• Must possess clear appreciation for deadlines; excellent time management skills are necessary.