My client has a reputation for state-of-the-art engineering services that help energy users and providers convert facilities to cleaner, more efficient energy sources; harness the power of renewables; and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected team of engineers, planners and project managers are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Group as an Electrical Project Engineer (PE) to be located in the areas between Orlando and Jacksonville.
WHAT WE OFFER: Join a company that puts its employees first. Ranked as one of the best firms to work for here are just some of the reasons to become part of theteam
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP): All employees are owners & benefit from profits earned
- Competitive pay + paid holidays, bereavement and parental, medical, and military leave
- Multiple office locations to work from: Stick close to home or travel for a change of scenery
- Growth opportunities & training: Grow confidently in your career with our mentoring & training options
- Professional development: Tuition reimbursement, early career professional program, online courses & more
- Work that makes a difference: See the direct impact your work has on our communities
- Collaborative, supportive team: People to help you solve problems, cheer successes & encourage you along the way
YOUR DAY TO DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- To act as a technical expert as part of a multi-discipline project team on projects in the Buildings, Energy, and Infrastructure group, in support of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and voice/data systems for facility types including healthcare; higher education; institutional facilities; federal, state and local government; K-12 education & support; and other commercial/industrial facilities.
- This person serves as the lead electrical engineer for projects, producing design/construction drawings and specifications and acting as the Engineer of Record for the work they perform and by subordinates they supervise.
- Acts as the Client interface for project electrical matters.
- Undertakes and directs evaluations of electrical equipment/systems, lighting, fire alarm, and specialty building systems, and prepares design computations and assessments.
- Generates and oversees electrical design/construction drawings utilizing REVIT and AutoCAD software.
- Observes electrical construction progress.
- Assesses the condition of electrical systems within existing facilities.
- Responsible for completion of electrical design tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Assists in the development of subordinate staff in electrical design best practices.
- Communicates and coordinates designs, writing of reports and correspondence with other discipline professionals, as well as representatives of the Client organization to complete work efficiently.
- Stays current with local, state & federal design standards and regulations.
- Helps develop new work and clients related to electrical design services for healthcare; higher education; institutional facilities; federal, state and local government; K-12 education & support; and other commercial/industrial facilities.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering with electrical focus, from an ABET-accredited university.
- 8-12 years of documented applicable experience working on facilities similar to those described above.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida, with current NCEES
- Process-oriented individual with strong organization, technical and communication skills.
- Solid communicator, able to take and understand directives from Project Manager and Senior Electrical Engineer and coordinate efforts with design team.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software, as well as Bluebeam.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) commensurate with their years of experience.
- Able to complete work consistently with flexibility to accommodate varying project demands.
- Experience leading the design efforts of subordinate staff.
- Must maintain a high level of precision and accuracy and be methodical in approach to work.
- High technical aptitude, interested in technology and staying current in their field
- Ability to climb ladders and perform field survey duties.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle and criminal record.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Excellent Client communication skills.
- Significant experience using Autodesk REVIT gained in a similar design-related field.
- Experience with AutoCAD